Sunday, January 25, 2015

History Semester 2 - Goal setting/ reflection


I feel that the study of history is important for two reasons. Firstly, it is important to know and understand major events that led us to where we are now. I don't think that knowing the exact dates and details is very important, but being about to understand the major concepts such as war, revolution, the age of industrialisation. These are crucial to us because of the famous sayings 'learn from you mistakes' which I agree with except that I would add also to learn from your achievements because it with those that we learn to create a better future.
Secondly, I think that it is a matter of culture and traditions. Knowing a minimum of a country's culture and history is crucial to fit in with the population of a country, including your own.

This is why this semester in history, I plan to work extra hard to understand the main concepts and ideas behind the enlightenment period and the revolutions that followed this period in time. I am also looking forward to the french revolution period because it is part of my country's history, which I don't know much about.

I think that one new thing I will do this semester is take more notes during class on a separate sheet of paper because I feel it is the best way for me to remember things.

No comments:

Post a Comment