Wednesday, April 15, 2015

In analysing and evaluating the Constitution of the U.S., what have you learned about learning?

In this unit in History, we learned about the events that occurred in America leading to the declaration of independence from England and the establishing of a new governmental structure. Throughout this unit, I learned a lot about myself and the way I learn.

Firstly, there is one thing that I learned that really stuck in my mind that I use almost everyday. It is the philosophies of Montague on separation of powers. Now that I know about it, I realise that I think about it all the time with current events, I related it with the things we learned about the constitution. It also helped me further understand things we learned in Brazilian History and Culture. Even when watching some political TV shows, such as House of Cards, I could finally understand the conflict with the separation of powers.

I also learned a lot about my strengths and weaknesses myself during socratic seminars. I learned that I had to work on expressing my ideas and opinions but I also learned a good way for me to take notes for public speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment